interact with festige

Hello everyone! I have some question about festige

1. How do I use festige in ardor?
  2. ardor and festige can exchange MIDI messages?
  3. once you’ve created a project with ardor and festige, save it and close it a few days later reopen it, the settings will be lost in festige? is there a way to save everything and reopen everything already set?
  1. perfect
  2. but if I use ardor 3 and wanted to use a synth vst on festige (which works with the midi signal input) I could not do anything?
  3. then I save the work of ardor and separately unless the configuration of the plugin on festige? and then open them separately, right?
2) but if I use ardor 3 and wanted to use a synth vst on festige (which works with the midi signal input) I could not do anything?

My answer above applies to A2, which is what I assumed you were asking about since it wasn’t clarified:)

A3 is a completely different story, as long as Festige support Jack MIDI I don’t see any reason you couldn’t route MIDI out of A3 and into Festige and audio back into a track in A3.

3) then I save the work of ardor and separately unless the configuration of the plugin on festige? and then open them separately, right?

Little hard to follow this statement, but assuming I am reading it correctly the answer is yes.

Seablade

ok! now everything is clear! :slight_smile:
doubt it was successful :slight_smile:
Ardour great!

Short versions:

1. Festige is a seperate Jack Client, or rather it loads each plugin as a seperate Jack Client. That means you can route to and from it and ardour without issue. I am often using inserts on tracks and busses for this.

2. Short answer is no. There may be a longer answer, but it wouldn’t be simple certainly, it would require using the generic MIDI protocol and binding controls, but that in itself would require having controls in Ardour to bind, etc. May be possible but likely not and certainly not easy.

3. What you want is a session management solution. The replacement for Festige is being worked on IIRC and also IIRC will include support for Session Management. In the meantime what i do is save my festige settings to a file named TRACKNAME_EFFECTNAME.fst in my session folder so I can always find it and know exactly what file to load.

There are two session management solutions I am personally keeping an eye on, Jack Session Management, and Non-Session Manager. But there are also other solutions out there.

Seablade

Look at kxstudio project. It is based on ladish session handler and includes handy tools to control session and jack connections.