errors compiling with scons: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hi! I’m trying to compile ardour 0.99 with scons and I get this error (pasted just last lines…)

libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4043: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c: In function ‘gtk_canvas_world_to_window’:
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4065: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4065: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4066: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4066: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4069: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4069: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4070: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4070: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c: In function ‘gtk_canvas_get_color’:
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4110: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c: In function ‘gtk_canvas_get_color_pixel’:
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c: In function ‘gtk_canvas_set_stipple_origin’:
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4173: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.c:4173: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
scons: *** [libs/gtk-canvas/gtk-canvas.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

who can help me?

what version of g++ are you using?

given that this bug has not been reported by anyone else, i would suspect that something went wrong much earlier in your build attempt. ardour 0.99.3 builds without errors for me using gcc 3.4. i suggest that you do a fresh unpack of the tarball, do a new build and watch for earlier errors.