Unmapping MIDI controls

I have a SVN build of ardour2 running on a xubuntu (ubuntu+xfce with patched low-latency kernel) installation using a Behringer BCF-2000 MIDI control board, and have been able to successfully map controls onto the BCF-2000 using Ctrl-Button2 as described in the manual.

I have not, however, figured out how to un-map controls from the board. The only way I have been able to do it so far has been to edit the (session)/(session).ardour file and remove the applicable */ControlProtocols/Protocol/controls/controllable XML entry. Otherwise, trying to remap a control creates an issue where a fader or button is mapped to more than one control in ardour2.

Does anyone know if there’s an easy way (key combination, hopefully) to unmap MIDI controls, or if there is any reason why default behavior is not to disconnect a previous “controllable” mapping when creating a new one?

On ardour 0.99.3 to unmap a control, I simply used button 2 to map a control and then closed the window that asked me to move a controller (obviously without moving or touching anything!). That was it! Hopefully it works the same on v2

Yes that definitely works on ardour 0.99.x but it doesn’t seem to work for me on ardour2 (unless again I’ve missed something really obvious)

So it’s back to ardour (almost) 1 to finish this mix as I stuffed up the pan control mapping…

cheers