Anticipated date for 3.0 on Mac?

Hi, was looking to buy Ardour 3 for mac - any idea of a likely release date for the binaries (more than happy to pay for someone to compile a tested binary of ardour for me - esp on a mac) …

thanks
Mark

There is no ‘tested binary’ as A3 on Mac hasn’t been released. It is still in testing, and will be so until it is released.

In as far as release date, it will be really when it is ready. OS X needs some extra attention to get things working properly on it and that still has to be done. Will it be to far in the future, doubtful, but it will still take at least a little time to do the coding and testing.

Seablade

this kind of feels like christmas waiting with bated breath for the release! i almost attempted installing and dual booting into ubuntu on my macbook just to tinker, but opted against it.

@thelip: I know exactly what you mean :slight_smile:
Today I’ve installed linux on my wife’s computer (instead on my mac) just to check out A3:)

@graphit

That is a good way to get in a LOT of trouble;)

@seablade
Maybe, but I thought of that and put some old HDD first :slight_smile:

Waiting anxiously for the OS X release too. I have it installed in Ubuntu but Linux doesn’t support my interface so I haven’t been able to do much.

Website says it will be released in April, so at least we have a max limit :slight_smile: Still checking the download page ever day :slight_smile:

Nice try :wink: Now give us A3 :slight_smile:

Dear paul, don’t let us wait any longer :wink:

you guys are way too excited. there are already excellent tools for doing audio + MIDI work on OS X :slight_smile:

JL can you give me the address of the page where you are seeing that dead link please?

Hi
I try (! ? ! ) to install jack 1 or 2 in a “mountain lion” MBP… tried all downloads from the jack site…
(Ive done this on a linux machine, was OK)
somebody has an experience ?
thanks
( Im in France )

the link in:
If you only have a builtin audio interface and you start and stop JACK using Ardour rather than some other tool, then you must take steps to create an aggregate device
is 404

I try to connect a digital signal coming from toslink in the analalog/digital audio input from the MBP and to route it to Ardour2…

JL: you install JACK on OS X from jackosx.com … many, many people have done this, so please don’t make out that it is harder than it really is.

sorry Paul
found the problems !
2 errors from me:
I started with http://jackaudio.org/download insteed of jackosx.com
the new piece of hardware I bought yesterday is unable to do what its suposed to do

seablade
http://manual.ardour.org/working-with-sessions/the-new-session-dialog/audio-setup/using-more-than-one-audio-device/

the link in:
If you only have a builtin audio interface and you start and stop JACK using Ardour rather than some other tool, then you must take steps to create an aggregate device

http://ardour.org/requirements.html

Patches going in now to fix that and one other case with that link, thanks much!

Seablade

Hi, now, its OK ; thanks Paul
opt out of a K2500 -> MBP + opt out of MBP->DAT ( latency 128-256 for 8-16 tracks+ 3,4 multiband comps for test ( one of the challenges was to use the onboard sound from MBP)