Drum Replacement

4 replies [Last post]
fernesto
fernesto's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi, i've been wondering if anyone here has been able to do a Drum Replacement using for example Hydrogen now that Ardour 3 is the official release.

I saw this thread:
https://community.ardour.org/node/5589

but not much help from that, so is there any alternatives in Mixbus or Ardour3 using Ladspa or LV2 maybe? how can i do that?

fernesto
fernesto's picture
I've been trying to get a midi note from an audio input using an Audio+Midi track, seems its just not going to happen but does anyone have an idea on how to do it?

What i want to do is: trigger a drum sound on Hydrogen from a drum recorded track in Ardour, I.E.: I hate the sound of the kick drum, want to mute it and trigger from it a kick in Hydrogen that i like better, as simple as that (i know is not that simple but...), not related to the clock or tempo or timeline, just trigger the sound.

Ideas anyone?

jrigg
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline
Hydrogen won't take an external trigger. There's ladspa-trigger, but it's pretty basic:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ladspa-trigger/

Last time I wanted to beef up the sound of a kick drum I played the existing kick drum track into an Alesis iO and used that to trigger a hardware drum machine. Not as convenient but it worked.

Koivukoski1
User offline. Last seen 6 days 14 hours ago. Offline
Calf multiband-gate is very nice with kick drum. Start with low and high band and ...

fernesto
fernesto's picture
@jrigg: I've managed to make Hydrogen "just play" the sounds asked by a Midi track in ardour, that way i can change the sound to what i want in hydrogen but all midi data comes from ardour, however what i want to do is trigger a single note from ardour based on a what ever drum track, so hydrogen -based on what i've done before- can play the sound back, that way i can record that sound back to ardour which would be in this particular case a new kick drum track, or snare track etc... so what would actually be needed is a "feature or plugin in ardour that triggers a single note based on threshold pass" very much like a gate would work, but not gating, just triggering a single midi note, the rest would be short and happy history.