Window management problems

Since a few weeks (I think version 3.2) I’ve got all sorts of problems with window management under Fluxbox. Opening plugins GUI or jack routing in mixer brings main window to the front moving it to the highest layer - I have to minimise it to see mixer or any dialog. It’s imposible to work this way. Today I compiled git version and the problem is still there. I’d file a bug but I’m unable to register in bugtracker - no confirmation mail.

Windows > Theme Manager > All floating windows are dialogs

Try changing the setting and restart. Window managers behave in wildly different ways, and X Window doesn’t dictate policy here.

Tried that, no change. I have similar issues while working in Compiz. I think it’s some kind of recent regression. I’ve got recent versions of Fluxbox and Compiz installed, Ardour 3.0 was OK in this regard.

In Gnome3 and Unity same kind of problem with multiple/separate workspaces for Editor and Mixer windows.
Plugins open on top of the Editor View, and the Editor moves itself to the Mixer workspace.
In 3…1 there was no such problem, it occurs form version 3.2 and onwards. ,

The " FloatingWindows Are Dialogs" doesn’t work here neither. I filed it as a bug in the bugtracker.

Gnome3 : not the 2d / save mode, in those modes it works fine!

I have to minimise it to see mixer or any dialog. It’s imposible to work this way.

I ran into this issue as well using Fluxbox as my WM, but paul’s suggestion seems to have solved the issue for me. Thanks!

Tried that, no change. I have similar issues while working in Compiz. I think it’s some kind of recent regression. I’ve got recent versions of Fluxbox and Compiz installed, Ardour 3.0 was OK in this regard. http://www.redriverfurnace.com