Android Ardoid OSC control

So ive known about this little app for quite a while since ardour 3 was in beta.

But since it uses wireless i thought that i couldnt use it (no wireless in my machine)

After messing around with x11vnc and getting that to work through the usb interface.

I thought, well if that works then maybe ardroid will…

Guess what… it does. Atleast it does when usb-tethering is enabled.

Just find out the IP address of the usb interfaces using ifconfig. and pop that into ardoir. Click connet and refresh.

Also make sure that the osc plugin is enabled in ardour, i also checked the feedback option (not sure if its needed)

Now you can control ardour via adroid app on the android phone even if you dont have wifi. Personally i think this is much easier to configure than wifi.

And im sure that you can give the usb interface a permenant IP address aswell.

Bear in mind though that you might need to configure networking to not use USB interface for browsing the internet (not sure how you would do that) so as to avoid data charges.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND THAT USB-TETHERING IS NORMALY PROHIBITED BY NETWORKS. AND THAT IT CAN USE ALOT OF DATA.

So be sure to take measures to ensure that your normal internet route is used and not the usb interface.

Haha, what a coincidence, I just wrote a tutorial about using Ardroid regularly. I’ll just put the link in here too, in case it’s helpful to anyone: http://www.zthmusic.com/ardroid-and-ardour/

Thanks for your guide veda_sticks! I hope you don’t mind me putting the link in here. Just let me know if you want me to make my own thread instead.