no looping playback with JACK

6 replies [Last post]
dbphipps
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
When I do looping playback with internal sync, Ardour works fine, but with JACK, it just starts playing at the first loop marker and ignores the second one, playing infinitely. Any ideas what may be going on? I want to sync via JACK so that Ardour controls Hydrogen, which it does, just no looping. I'm using Ardour 3.5.74 and JACK2 on a Debian system. Thanks in advance.

nick_livings
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Pardon me if I'm not understanding your situation correctly, but if the second loop marker is ignored, doesn't that mean there's no actual loop and playback continues to the end of the session?

Do you want Ardour to trigger Hydrogen to start, while Ardour plays any loops you set up, and Hydrogen continues its own playback mechanism after being started by Ardour (ignoring Ardour's loops)?

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 1 day 19 hours ago. Offline
This is reported in the bug tracker (http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=4168). It still appears to be an issue unfortunately.

dbphipps
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Thanks, guys. To answer your questions nick, yes Ardour ignores the loop and playback continues until the end of the session. I'd like to see Hydrogen loop along with Ardour, but at this point, Ardour won't even obey its own loop ranges when syncing with JACK.

tomas vtipil
User offline. Last seen 3 days 22 hours ago. Offline
yep, still an issue. just to confirm - experiencing the same trouble while working with ardour and (jack-transport-sync'd) renoise.

nick_livings
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
I'm using version 3.5.100 and don't notice any looping issues internally.

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 1 day 19 hours ago. Offline
I'm using version 3.5.100 and don't notice any looping issues internally.

There is no issue with looping internally. The issue is when you tell Ardour to use Jack to sync to other programmes. Something is happening in this situation that doesn't allow Ardour to loop in the same way as if you have it set to "Internal".