Roland V-Studio 20

I have just purchased one of these cheap (£99) from a local music shop largely with the motivation of testing how it works under Linux.

The answer is it works really well, as long as you have a recent kernel. The control surface also mostly works with Ardour 3.

If anyone is interested, the details are in my blog at http://majiksramblings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/roland-v-studio-20-with-linux.html

If the devs want to pinch the control surface definition and include it in future releases of Ardour, you are more than welcome.

Cheers,

Keith

Your binding map is now in the git repository and will appear in the next release of ardour. Thanks!

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but I think my question belongs here. I am thinking of firing up my old Cakewalk V-Studio 100 to use as a control surface in Ardour. I’ve managed to set it up as an audio interface, but am having some issues with the MIDI controller features. I’ve tried the MCU protocol, but to no avail. So I just thought I’d ask here if anyone’s had any success with this particular device?