Ardour 3.5.308 released
Continuing on with our cycle of monthly releases, 3.5.308 contains a pile of bug fixes and several very useful new features. Almost entirely the single-handed work of Robin Gareus, you will find significant changes with panning, auditioning and the very striking addition of explicitly-displayed signal router in the mixer strips.
As usual you can download it from the usual place, and as usual subscribers get this update without cost. Thanks to everyone for their support (and encouragement).
Once again, the OS X release situation has still not improved, though a demo 64 bit copy of this version is available (fully featured except that is has does no saving or restoring of plugin settings, and no plugin presets).
Additions & Changes
- add visualization of signal flow within tracks and busses
- Various improvements to panning
- add stereo-balance panner
- right click on panner to select a different (compatible) paner
- major overhaul to VBAP panner so that it works
- panner GUI tweaks
- Sends now have their own panner
- Send panner may be (un)linked with the main panner via the context menu of the send. If linked, the send's panning follows the main panner.
- Various improvements to import and auditioning
- Add MIDI auditioning (using Ardour's builtin "reasonableSynth")
- Consider all tracks in a MIDI (SMF) file
- allow auditioning via the monitor section to work (and make it the default when using a monitor section)
- add a seek/locate slider to the import auditioner
- auditioning now uses sample rate conversion when necessary, so that auditioned files are always played back at the correct pitch/speed
>Fixes and Improvements
- do not lock audio to video when extracting only the audio from a video file
- re-enable export file tagging and fix export format dialog inconsistency
- fix audio cross-talk between tracks that occured when using 1in/2out tracks.
- fix the "replicate missing channels from regions" option
- fix text "bleeding" in various buttons
- provide some level of compatibility with aubio 0.4. Ardour should still be built using aubio 3.2.
- improve rendering of faders
- add M-Audio 2496 to the list of devices recognized to have a "control app"
- fix behaviour of plugin parameter sliders for ranges [0..]
- new MIDNAM files for Moog MF-104M and MF-108M
- add support for MIDNAM controller labels
- document MIDNAM controller values for Moog Minitaur
- fix display isues with editor mixer strip
- fix 32 bit export
- fix crash when adding processors which change overall track I/O configuration
- fix deadlock when removing monitor section
- ignore additional channels during AFL/PFL (if the track/bus has more channels than the monitor section, ignore the additional channels)
- fix output metering for Sends
- new MIDI binding map for Roland V-Studio 20
- new very basic MIDI binding map for M-Audio Oxygen-25
- fix display of pan automation and MIDI fader automation
- working support for VST "timeinfo" delivery to plugins (Windows VST and Linux VST)
- fix crash when instrument plugins fail to load
- fix potential for duplicate Send IDs
- auto connect preferences now respected for MIDI tracks
- use all outputs of VST plugins, not just the input count
Robin Gareus, Nils Philippsen, David Robillard, Paul Davis. But really, Robin Gareus.
Inspiration & Designers
As usual, many thanks to Chris Goddard, Axel Müller, Jörn Nettingsmeier and Gabriel Nordeborn for their participation in the design and testing of many of the new GUI and backend aspects of this release.
- Russian translation updated (Alexandre Prokoudine)