change instrument on a midi track?

4 replies [Last post]
ergomatic
ergomatic's picture
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 15 hours ago. Offline
I'm missing something.....I'd like to change the MIDI instrument plugin on a MIDI track, but I can't find an easy way to do it. My workaround is to delete the track and create a new one, choosing the synth plugin when I create it.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 23 min 44 sec ago. Offline
You're not missing anything. It is a very notable feature that needs to be added, and will be shortly.

ergomatic
ergomatic's picture
Thanks Paul! Good to know it wasn't just me.

veda_sticks
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 55 min ago. Offline
you can change the plugin that is being used on the mixer page, if your using calf fluid synth you can open up the plugin gui and change the intrument or even the soundfont that is being used.

If you are using calf fluid sunth with a sound font that has multiple sounds in it, then it may be possible to automate the plugin parameters so that it changes instrumemt during playback but im not sure.

But from your post what i think you are trying to do is change on a track, which you can do on the mixer page, even with midi tracks just like you do with a regular track. you right click in the plugins area on the track and go to plugins manager. and it will list all plugins. you will need to filter them to only show midi otherwise you will be scrolling through a lot of plugins.

ergomatic
ergomatic's picture
Thanks, veda, you've almost got my meaning. Yes I can change plugins; but not MIDI instruments, whether from a track or the mixer. As Paul indicated above, this is not currently do-able. Which is okay- just a minor hassle.