bpm calculator

5 replies [Last post]
stefabarta
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 17 min ago. Offline
is there a simple way to figure out the bpm of a region (or of a mix) in ardour? i mean something like an average bpm calculator. thanks

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 1 day 23 hours ago. Offline
Select a single bar of audio, either a one bar long region or select one bar of any region using the range tool. In the menu, Edit > Tempo >, gives you two options, to set the tempo from a selected region or to set the tempo from a selected range. It will also ask you if you want it to set the tempo as global or else add it as a tempo change (new marker).

stefabarta
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 17 min ago. Offline
ok, thx!

pevsner
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
There are a number of online bpm calculators, play your track and tap the keyboard to the beat. The first one I just found with a quick search was http://www.beatsperminuteonline.com/. Not the one I usually use, I must have lost a bookmark.

audiodef
User offline. Last seen 4 days 18 hours ago. Offline
I know you asked for a beat calculator, but I've personally had little luck with the accuracy of those. I zoom in on a section that has a strong beat and adjust the master tempo until it visually matches the beat bars. This is actually no harder than it sounds - it just takes a few minutes longer. I always get it right this way, though.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 21 min ago. Offline
audiodef, see the method leatuspenguin describes above. you will find it as accurate and a lot faster.