Problem with Mackie MCU Pro and Ardour 3 (except 3.0)
I got an automation problem with Ardour 3 and Mackie MCU Pro - I'm not sure if I just did something wrong:
- It happens with all of my Ardour 3 projects with fader automation (3 or 4 tracks)
- Fader automation works completely fine as long as I just use a mouse or a touchpad to fade
- Now I go to the Mackie MCU Pro which is connected to Ardour and I try to do fader automation with Mackie:
- under Ardour 3.0 it works fine
- under newer versions (I have checked it under 3.1.10, 3.3., 3.4, 3.5, 3.5.14, 3.5.74, 3.5.143, 3.5.308) I get an uneven volume curve. The result sounds bad. I was surprised because I learned that 3.5.143 has fixed some bugs with Mackie Control support.
- I have uploaded a screenshot of the curve:
- First I thought it might be a problem of my old PC but I have checked it also with a recent i7 notebook and got the same results.
- distributions: KXStudio and UbuntuStudio 12.04
- With Ardour 3.5.308 Mackie's blue LCD display (above the faders) stays empty, and the faders do not react to anything what happens in Ardour...
I suppose that I just make a mistake...?
I did not want to post a bug report because I suppose if anyone else had made the same experience he would have posted it already...
Thanks a lot.