Difficulty installing ardour 3.5 on the 64 bit latest ubuntu

7 replies [Last post]
mrskytown
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hello im having a hard time understanding and installing ardour on my ubuntu system. I tried the terminal typing in the directory and i cant seem to figure this out and I tried extracting the folder to somewhere on my computer and clicking on the ardour program executable file that's in the bin folder but that doesn't work. How is anyone supposed to install this.

LeatusPenguin
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
So, from the extracted folder, you tried "./install.sh" from the terminal and it didn't work? Can you give more details or else it'll be hard for anyone to help. What was the terminal readout when it failed to do this?

LeatusPenguin
Also, are you sure you've downloaded the binary and not the source code?

mrskytown
It's not the source code. It's in my downloaded folder, I have it extracted and one that is not. How would I get the terminal to make it work. I put the directory in the terminal but I don't know what else to put like I see the instructions but it's just confusing

LeatusPenguin
Just for ease of explaining, i'll assume you downloaded Ardour_64bit-3.5.308-dbg.tar and it is in your downloads folder. You already have it extracted so you now should have a "Ardour_64bit-3.5.308-dbg" folder in your downloads folder. Open up the terminal and navigate inside this folder -

cd ~/Downloads/Ardour_64bit-3.5.308-dbg

Then run -

./install.sh

This should install Ardour without any issues. If are you having trouble at this stage, it might be because install.sh isn't executable. If that is the case and running ./install.sh is giving you an error about permissions, run -

chmod +x install.sh

This will make it executable. Then you can run ./install.sh again. That should cover everything.

mrskytown
ok so i tried it but this is what i keep getting
Architecture is x86_64
Checking for required disk space
Bundle is on ext4 filesystem
Unpacking bundle for x86_64

!!! ERROR !!! Can't locate x86_64 bundle file.

seablade
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 33 min ago. Offline
Sounds like a possible bad download. Have you tried redownloading?

Seablade

mrskytown
ok so i re downloaded it and did and now it works thanks !!!