No sound on one channel?

3 replies [Last post]
damosurfer
User offline. Last seen 24 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
I can't figure this one out... I'm mixing a song and everything is fine and dandy in stereo, sound is correctly coming from both speakers. When I export the song, only one channel has sound, the other is dead. I have corroborated that I am exporting just the master, the 'channels' option is set to 2, and out1 and out2 are respectively shown on each channel before export... any help?

seablade
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 4 min ago. Offline
If you import the export into Ardour to both channels get shown? I am wondering if it might be your playback software?

Seablade

damosurfer
I wondered the same, and I imported the exported track in Audacity... two channels are imported with the file, but only one channel has a waveform, the other one is flat-lined, as it were.

damosurfer
The problem started when I selected 'split to mono files'. I got it working now. When I un-checked that option, one of the channels was empty. I selected the channel and hit OK, but it still would not work. I checked again and the channel was still empty. I had to press 'Enter' after selecting the channel for it to stick... don't know if that makes sense but it works now.