Installing Ardour on Mac Book Pros

3 replies [Last post]
euca
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
I am having a little difficulty installing Ardour on my Mac Pro/core II duo. I've installed JackosX and configured it; I've downloaded and installed X 11. When I try to install Ardour, however, I keep getting a message that I havn't installed X 11, even though I have. Has anyone had the same problem, and have you solved it?

niemau
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
You should *not* have to download X11. The version of X11 apple makes available for download is definitely *not* for the hardware and version of OS X you are running. furthermore, it probably shouldn't even install on your MBP. The correct version of X11 is available on the Mac OS X disc that came with your computer.

install the version of X11 on your OS X disc before trying to run ardour.

euca
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hey, thanks for the reply. However, I was wondering if you could clarify something for me. On the OS X disc, is the x11 file found in the Xcode tools/packages/X11sdk.pkg ?

niemau
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
i highly doubt it. SDK usually stands for 'software development kit'. meaning, that particular package is related to developing X11 applications... not running them. i know that X11 is presented as an optional download during Mac OS X installation. it's *not* a default install on your mac, as far as i know. it would probably be best to spend a few minutes over at apple's support site.