Lyrics in the Timeline

Perhaps this is already possible.Would be a nice feature to have a space on the timeline for the lyrics to scroll by on. Also I tend to leave text files in my project folders with notes about settings on outboard gear or what guitar I used on what track ,etc. Would it be possible to have a button that would pop up a window to put notes in? Perhaps even in induvidual tracks?
Thank you,
Craig

You could put lyrics as the text of location markers, but I suspect you want much more than that.

Per-track notes are accessible via a right (context) click on the track/bus name in the mixer strip and then select “comments”.

I don’t really care much about the lyrics as I’ve mostly been sticking to the instrumental stuff for quite a while. Just thought it might be a nice feature. Thanks for the tip about the notes though.That is really useful.
Craig

I can see many people are suggesting this type of feature where you have the ability to add notes on the time line. Can I suggest you consider this from the point of view of people working in teams who would find this sort of thing invaluable for collaborating. I’ve seen, elsewhere, someone come up with elaborate features centered around collaborations. For instance documenting who worked on what when writing or producing a song… the sort of information that might be considered useful when people are going “splits” for music royalties. The point is it would be useful to be able to put more text in a session.

1 Like