recovering corrupted session
I have an Ardour session that crashed and which I now can't open. other sessions seem to work normally. I'm looking for suggestions for how to recover the data. (I'd also be interested in submitting a bug report, except that the initial crash happened on an outdated version and I haven't reproduced that yet.)
Initial crash: I was doing some recording and editing in Ardour. I selected a range (on the order of a minute long) over three or four tracks, copied it, and pasted it to just after itself. At this point I heard a buzz (I assume it was XRuns) and the GUI went at least partially unresponsive for a few seconds (can't remember exact details of this). At this point I ctrl+s'd (not sure if good idea, but I didn't know when I'd last saved) and closed Ardour.
Subsequent crashes: When I try to open the session in question, the little Ardour splash screen shows up as usual, and then (usually after it displays "Setup Editor") a bunch of XRuns happen and Ardour closes (link to Jack output below). Other sessions, old and new, open as normal. I have not been able to reproduce the initial crash / set corruption in other sessions.
System: Arch Linux on Lenovo T420s. When the initial crash occurred my system was some months out of date and I believe I was running Ardour 3.5.308. Subsequently I updated Arch; I now have Ardour 3.5.380 (update had no apparent effect on re-opening the corrupted set). Currently running jack2 184.108.40.206; not sure what release it was during initial crash. For audio hardware, during initial crash I was using a Zoom H2 for external soundcard and mic. During subsequent attempts to open the set I've tried running jack with the H2 and with my internal soundcard (HDA Intel).
Ardour session in question: http://njoliat.the-nsa.org/ardour_issue/cph_organ_jam_bak.tar.gz
Just the XML files from session: http://njoliat.the-nsa.org/session_files/
Jack output during an attempted-session-opening crash: http://pastebin.com/rfyrqBsx
(I haven't gotten a decent stack trace yet as I'm running the Arch package; if/when I do I'll add that.)
Here are a few things I've tried so far; not sure if they're relevant:
* temporarily moving session-folder/instant.xml and ~/.config/ardour3/instant.xml out of the way
* replacing session.ardour with session.ardour.bak
* removing the plugins (namely 12-band EQ, Compressor, and Analyzer, all by Calf) from the .ardour file.