record while looping

Hi, I am a ardour new user, musician, here is my problem :
I have import a wav file and stretch it to fit the tempo, then created a new midi track with some piano sf2 and now I am trying to record a piano pattern while looping the drum wav file.
The looping is ok, the region appears in green while looping, but if I clic on record on the “piano track” and record button, it will just stop looping and jsut following the timeline. Is there anyway to loop and record in a kind of “overdub” mode ?

Ardour has a simple mechanism for duplicating a region, so I think your best solution is to duplicate the drum pattern the required number of times and then record alongside of that. It’s very easy: Select region, Shift-D, tell it how many times, and there’s your drum track!

This solution doesn"t fit my needs, because I wanted to use ardour ‘as a’ live looper. I don’t think it’s possible

This solution doesn"t fit my needs, because I wanted to use ardour 'as a' live looper...
That's not really what Ardour is designed for. You might find something like Bitwig works better for loop / sample based stuff, otherwise, on linux your options are limited. You might do better with Win / Mac and / or Ableton (or even an iOS based solution.. ! )

You might check out luppp for this sort of thing. It was designed for it. http://openavproductions.com/luppp/