Mono DC-Offset

7 replies [Last post]
pedropt
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Recording on a mono track I get a "nice" dc-offset, whereas on stereo track it's fine. I have the workaround of the Calf plugin for that matter. Is it a problem of mine?

ssj71
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Whats your source? An audio interface? A soft synth? Are you using the same source for stereo and mono?

pedropt
It's the motherboard sound card, common for stereo or mono recording.

ssj71
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Have you tried recording 2 tracks at the same time, 1 mono 1 stereo? Check if that gives the same results.

pedropt
Now I'm having offset in both stereo and mono (once at a time and simult.) I'm not aware of any changes in my setup.
Installed Audicity to check if... and yes, it offsets too...

veda_sticks
User offline. Last seen 3 days 13 hours ago. Offline
dc ofset usually always hardware related.

linuxdsp
linuxdsp's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 days 12 hours ago. Offline
dc ofset usually always hardware related...

And could be more likely if you are using the onboard audio. Check your input settings via ALSA mixer - see if you can disable any unused inputs or reduce the input gain settings.

pedropt
TRACED/SOLVED

Onboard audio problem. I Bios-extinguished it and now I'm relying on my SBLive Value (remember them?...)
One thing (nice) I found strange is that jack automatically assumed the the SB. Other times I tryed that I ended up with a messed system.
I'm still able to see Utube videos without stalling, as before when I supressed the onboard audio.