Problems to use Boss FC 50 Midi Controller

1 reply [Last post]
bassomat
User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi there,
I tried to use a Boss FC-50 MIDI Controller with the the latest ardour in Tango Studio (a Debian based audio distribution). There are two ways described to control via MIDI, capture with ctrl+ middle Mousebotton or making a map file. I tried both. First to the capturing. I did all the work to connect the devices over jack. All tests with a midi keyboard work fine, I can even capture the button of the FC-50 (it also displays a program change command in ardour's MIDI trace window) but after the capturing nothing happens when I push the buttons again (the keyboard works).
After that I made a MIDI map like in the manual first put it in ~/config/ardour3/midi_maps folder, but it did not show up in the general midi control dialog, then I copied it in /etc/share/... to the other map files, but it didn't show up either.
It would be nice to start and stop recording with that pedal
Thanks

bassomat
User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Kind of solved
The capturing still doesn't work, but I found out that the map file was corrupted somehow. I copied it's contend in a new one and ... all works fine.
Maybe the capturing function on pgm messages has a bug, but for me it works with the mapfile.