'Ambiguous file'

5 replies [Last post]
catquarksmusic
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi there. I recently imported several WAV files into my Ardour project. (if it's important, I imported these WAVs from the 'interchange folder' of a different project.) Now every time I open up Ardour, it tells me there are 'ambiguous files' and that I have to select the path of the WAV I want, and I have to click 'Done' for every single one before the project loads up. How can I bypass this so that the project automatically picks the WAVs in its own interchange folder? They should already be copied into the session so I don't understand why those dialogue boxes have to come up.

Another unrelated question: is there a way to rename the 'takes' in an edit group? It was very convenient that the playlists could be linked in an edit group with 'selection' enabled -- but if I tried to rename any of them, they became unlinked...

Help is appreciated! Thank you!

adotm
User offline. Last seen 2 days 18 hours ago. Offline
Having this same problem. Any thoughts?

stratojaune
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 43 min ago. Offline
Not sure, but probably you will fix your imported files problem in Preferences/Misc./ if check the box "always copy imported files in the session folder"

To rename a region, if that's what you want, right clic on it and on top of the pop-up menu appearing you will find "rename"

adotm
I intentionally didn't copy the files from the other session's interchange folder for disk space reasons. Do you think renaming will remove the ambiguity? I thought it only renamed regions, not underlying files.

stratojaune
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 43 min ago. Offline
Renaming is what create the ambiguity, I don't do that...;

adotm
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying -- could you elaborate?