Ardour4 Crashing on Load

I just updated to Ardour4 this morning (Ubuntu 14.04LTS). When I attempt to run Ardour from Unity or the Desktop icon, it gets to “Track/Busses Loaded; Adding to Session” and then crashes. If I run it via terminal, I see this error message (the full readback is below):

*** Error in `/opt/Ardour-4.0.0/bin/ardour-4.0.0’: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007feac8009ef0 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

Thoughts on the cause of the problem? Methods for resolution?

Thanks,
Zach

Full trace;

zach@MacDougal:~/physics/nov2014/replay$ Ardour4
bind txt domain [gtk2_ardour4] to /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/share/locale
Ardour4.0.0 (built using 4.0 and GCC version 4.4.7)
ardour: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Ardour to only 4096 open files
ardour: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/etc/system_config
Loading user configuration file /home/zach/.config/ardour4/config
Using SSE optimized routines
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
ardour: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/etc/default_ui_config
ardour: [INFO]: Loading user ui configuration file /home/zach/.config/ardour4/ui_config
ardour: [INFO]: Loading color file /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/etc/dark.colors
ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/etc/clearlooks.rc
ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/etc/clearlooks.rc
Found nothing along /home/zach/.config/ardour4/templates:/opt/Ardour-4.0.0/share/templates
run dialog
Announcement is:
Scanning folders for bundled LV2s: /opt/Ardour-4.0.0/lib/LV2
Set cursor set to default
*** Error in `/opt/Ardour-4.0.0/bin/ardour-4.0.0’: double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007f0e1400aae0 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

This is most likely caused a plugin. The common case for this is old calf (fftw) Ubuntu 14.04 ships with a b0rked version of those.

Try to run Ardour4 --disable-plugins

other than that, please see http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

Thank you, that resolved the problem. I was using the calf plugins provided by Ubuntu. I will re-build them from source to the newest versions. Many thanks.