Store plugin configuration within a template?

Hi, excuse my first post if it’s an obvious one, I did look around for an answer before posting.

I want to use Ardour to record our band, most of the time using exactly the same layout and plugins. So far I have not found a way to save a template that also maintains the plugin information. In consequence I have to set up up to 15 or so plugins fresh every time. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any answers. This is a very nice program. If I am able to use this for band work I will be a very happy contributor.

if this is so, its definitely a bug. i will check on it in tomorrow.

just checked it here, and my templates save the plugins, whether they were active or not, and their parameter settings.

Interesting. I am using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. I had to install Ardour manually, as it was ghosted out in the package selection tool that is part of Ubuntu. I’m wondering if it could be a permissions problem as a result of the manual setup. Maybe a directory needs write permission for my login or something.

In any case it sounds like an issue with my particular installation. I will experiment a lttle more and tell you the results. Thanks for your quick help!

Okay, I’ve pinned it down. It DOES successfully create the correct template, plugins and all, if I choose a new name for the template. It only failed when I attempted to replace an EXISTING template and then create a session from THAT, which is all I was attempting up to now.

Thanks very much for your help. I will express my appreciation more tangibly come payday. :wink: