Store plugin configuration within a template?

4 replies [Last post]
sundog
User offline. Last seen 10 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, excuse my first post if it's an obvious one, I did look around for an answer before posting.

I want to use Ardour to record our band, most of the time using exactly the same layout and plugins. So far I have not found a way to save a template that also maintains the plugin information. In consequence I have to set up up to 15 or so plugins fresh every time. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any answers. This is a very nice program. If I am able to use this for band work I will be a very happy contributor.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 10 min ago. Offline
if this is so, its definitely a bug. i will check on it in tomorrow.

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 10 min ago. Offline
just checked it here, and my templates save the plugins, whether they were active or not, and their parameter settings.

sundog
Interesting. I am using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. I had to install Ardour manually, as it was ghosted out in the package selection tool that is part of Ubuntu. I'm wondering if it could be a permissions problem as a result of the manual setup. Maybe a directory needs write permission for my login or something.

In any case it sounds like an issue with my particular installation. I will experiment a lttle more and tell you the results. Thanks for your quick help!

sundog
Okay, I've pinned it down. It DOES successfully create the correct template, plugins and all, if I choose a new name for the template. It only failed when I attempted to replace an EXISTING template and then create a session from THAT, which is all I was attempting up to now.

Thanks very much for your help. I will express my appreciation more tangibly come payday. ;)