New website theme

If you’re reading this, you’re seeing the results of Thorsten Wilm’s diligent work on the ardour.org website theme. Its not a major change, but we hope you enjoy the mostly subtle modifications. Thorsten is a talented graphic designer and interface engineer, and has an interesting website (http://thorwil.wordpress.com/) with several innovative ideas for widgets and audio application UI design. He is also responsible for Ardour’s logo and fader design. among other things.

Although the Ardour logo looks a bit ‘pink’ on my monitor, I must say that I like the new theme a lot…

Maybe this can be a nice opportunity to update the copyright notice? :wink: “Copyright 2006 Paul Davis.”

It looks nice.
I wonder though, if the theme could be more so that it resembles ardours gui.

For example a grey header with a light blue logo (just like the “about” panel of ardour which looks really nice). I’m not really into this red logo.
The boxes on the right a grey background instead of blue…

I would leave the middle of the screen and the left column like it is. (everything grey backgrounded with white letters (like ardour) is a bit over the top for a webpage)

I don’t want to criticize just some ideas…
Thanks for the effort thorwil !

I have to agree with the above sentiments. Not much into the red logo and red writing theme…blue is much nicer