Automation: Write Mode

5 replies [Last post]
axetota
axetota's picture
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 22 hours ago. Offline
Quick Question... When I switch to write mode on a track, the fader automatically snaps to zero... is there anyway around that? The reason I ask is because the way I mix is I'll get a 'general' vol. for each track and then switch to write mode and play the song through. And when they all snap back to zero it causes for a slight loss of time by having to reposition all the faders over. I guess i can start in Write mode in the first place, but would rather not have to do that. No biggie though, just wondering.

On a side, but slightly simlar note: Has anybody tried using a presonus Faderport with Ardour 2?

flora
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Same thing happens with the effects settings you have set in a plugin. You go to write and all of a sudden every parameter goes right back to the default. Perhaps the mixer fader and this can be addressed by the same answer?

I'm on OS X.3.9 with Ardour 0.99.3.

Thanks.

axetota
axetota's picture
I forgot to mention. I'm using the beta release of ardour2 that came just before release candidate 1

sampo
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline
Why aren't you using the latest stable release (2.0.2 when i'm writing this) ?

paul
paul's picture
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 33 min ago. Offline
This bug (and a workaround, sort of) is in Mantis. #1649. Please read the issue report.

axetota
axetota's picture
I will read the report... Pure laziness on my end is why I haven't updated... Thanks guys. I will upgrade tonight. I've been meaning to.