Don't underestimate the power of pretty...

Hi I’m a new Ardour user. I’ve been messing around with it for a while but really didn’t use it to do more than look at the app. It was the interface that turned me off. Like I said in the title, don’t underestimate the power of pretty. As soon as the 2.0 release came out and I saw some screenshots I was blown away. Because of a much better interface I am now enjoying using a program which, imo, is superior to anything else on linux and might have some other commercial packages beat. Yes its shallow, but I think aesthetics are important in anything, especially something creative like a music creation program. I’m extremely excited about the upcoming features, namely full midi support. I currently own Reason 3.0 and Pro Tools M-powered, I have been trying for a couple of years to move away from Windows completely and might get a mac instead, but this is the first time I’ve used a music application in linux that has made me think twice about that.

I’m currently using UbuntuStudio for the same reason I’m using Ardour2, its freaking hawt. The distro has a lot of character and has a nice looking logo (I’m an illustrator so sue me). However, its still nice to see that as nice looking as it is its still just as functional and the same can be said about Ardour2. Keep up the good work, you’ve just gained a convert for life. I will post the first musical thingy I’ve ever created in Linux. At this point its quite embarrassing as I’m still trying to get the hang of things. I’ll mess around with it and post as soon as its done.

I’ve grown quite attached to the 0.99 GUI. I like the fact it’s not grey. I think it has appeal, there’s no messing about with it.