'Multiple timelines' per session
Working on a multi-song project, I like to have separate 'views' of each song. I often start by creating a custom template and using it to create a new session for each song.
When all songs are recorded, I start to mix on one song on my analogue mixing desk. In this process I often change output routing, a few default plugins, etc. I write these changes on paper and each time I open an other song, I manually apply those changes...
It would be perfect if ardour supported multiple timelines per session. This way all changes in track layout, routing and plugins are reflected over all songs and switching songs would be a breeze.
* Separate view per song with easy switching
* Switching timelines will display that timeline's regions
* You can easily copy/paste between timelines
* Changes in settings, track layout, routing, and plugins are 'global'
* Separate tempo track per timeline
How do you think about such a feature?