I'm New to music production and I would love for some help becasue im very confused

Hi My name is Neil and I have always wanted to try to get into music production to play around and I very confused.

I would love if someone could show me around the software and how to get in to the understanding of things

There is excellent material right here on the Ardour website, I suggest you start here:
https://community.ardour.org/community#refman
The Beginner’s Tutorial seems the obvious starting point. It says it’s based on Version 4 of the software, but more or less everything said in it still applies, as features likely to be used by someone new to the software haven’t changed.

If you know absolutely nothing about music production, then you have lots to learn and it’s going to take a while :slight_smile:

If you can tell us more specifically what you want to do, then someone here might be able to help you. So the first question is: what kind of music you wan’t to create ? Is acoustic, played with electric instruments like the electric guitar, or is it based on synthesizers ? All these have quite different workflows and requires different equipment / software.

In all music production there are same steps involved:

• Writing the music.
  • Recording the music. Acoustic and electronic music requires different equipment here.
  • Mixing the music. The workflow and plugins used for processing the sound is a bit different for different genres of music.

So give us more specific questions, so they can be more easily answered, your first one is too broad :slight_smile:

Fixe